Wednesday, July 25, 2012

101. Sky TV. A method of making Rupert Murdoch rich and giving you 500 channels of shit where you still can't find anything to watch
102. Wedding Planners. Allegedly exist to take away all the stress of organising your wedding. In reality, they employ all their mates for backhanders, ask you all the questions that those people would have asked you anyway, and then present you with a £5k bill for doing next to fuck all
103. Celebrity Chef restaurants. Want to eat in one ? well, you can wait six months for a table, get charged an extortionate amount for an average meal that has been cooked by a trainee chef, and all the while enjoy poor service from waiting staff that like you to feel they are doing you a favour by even speaking to you
104. Rangers and Celtic. Sectarian bigotry, thinly veiled by a mask of football. I don't think I am alone in wishing Celtic had gone bankrupt as well as Rangers.
105. Doorstep evangelists. In the unlikely event I suddenly wake up one morning and decide I need a religion, I will go and find one. I don't need you knocking my door at the weekend to talk to me about your imaginary friends. Please don't be offended if I tell you to fuck off, seemingly it is the only language that you understand.
106. Ikea. I admire your efforts in providing me with a laid out path that is supposed to guide me past every item in your store. I am sure you won't mind if I see this as if it were a maze challenge and I devise my own route through your store by climbing over your furniture and going straight to the item I intended to buy.
107. Gok Wan. You are an unbelievable tosser. Please go and live in a cave, for the good of all humanity
108. White socks. Unless you are playing sport at the time, there is no excuse for wearing them. Ever.
109. Lynx deodorant. Contrary to what the adverts might suggest, has yet to be developed with any fragrance that does not strip paint from walls and cause involuntary spasms in anyone that is within 25 metres of a person wearing it
110. Tesco's Finest. What am I supposed to infer from this ? That all the rest of your stuff is sub-standard ?
111. Paramilitary flags. They are illegal. Why aren't the police taking them down and arresting the people who put them up.
112. Traffic Police. Individuals chosen for their megalomaniacal and sociopathic traits and their ability to lecture others in a pompous and arrogant way for a minor speeding offence. And yet if I were to give one of them a smack in the mouth, somehow it would be me that was in the wrong, in this twisted society of ours.
113. Harley Davidson. Much as I love your work, the prices you charge for your agricultural machinery masquerading as motorbikes, are extortionate
114. French Mustard. What is the purpose of this flavourless, yellow paste ?
115. Bernie Ecclestone. Stop selling F1 rights to Sky. All you are doing is pissing me off. I will never be buying Sky to watch the races.
116. VAT on electronic books. Why do I have to pay this, yet not have to pay it on printed books ?
117. Tractors on main roads. I am aware through a farmer friend of mine, of the game you play where you see how many cars you can get lined up doing 10mph behind your tractor. What you are probably not aware  of, is the game I play, where when you eventually turn off into your field, I turn off with you and stab you in the face.
118. WRX Subaru's and their owners. You are not a rally driver. I don't care about your special dump valve and enhanced turbo. All you are, is a little man, in a vulgar and tasteless car.
119. Flat caps. Unless you are over 70, or have a whippet and racing pigeons, this is not a permissible item of headwear.
120. The World Cup. A pointless football competition that is largely an exercise in seeing how many minutes can pass from the start of the World Cup before someone mentions 1966. There is a reason England hasn't won it since 1966 and that reason is that they are not good enough. Accept this and move on, or just turn the TV off.

No comments:

Post a Comment